We are a strategic digital agency based in the Upper Highway area in Durban looking for a motivated and highly organised Account Executive to join our team.
The role is designed to offer support in the form of day to day adhoc administration in support of the Client Service team and/or directly to Account Managers/s, Account Director/s and the Client Service Director. You are the backbone and engine room to the department! An all-rounder who the Client Service team, and the clients, can rely on to get things done with precision and attention to detail. No task is too big or too small for you and you thrive on your strong administration skills, good communication abilities and being put under pressure. You are hungry to learn and are excited about the possibilities of working in a fast paced, energetic and ever-changing digital environment.
- Support the team by inputting briefs and issuing tasks using the internal briefing system.
- Maintain various calendars for the department and set reminders when milestone dates are approaching.
- Pull various monthly reports for the Client Service Director.
- Produce contact reports for meetings that the Account Managers attend and/or attend meetings where it would be necessary for you to take notes in support of the team.
- Monitor and follow up on all outstanding cost estimates with clients and ensure they are billed timeously.
- Perform quality checks on proposals, content plans and reports.
- Invest in growing knowledge of our client’s business and industries in which they operate, actively tracking competitive and other information that will be of value to the team and the clients.
- Schedule and arrange client meetings with all relevant parties, including internal meetings with production team when necessary.
- Assist client service team when they are not available, by taking messages, helping the production team and dealing with clients, if a job is on deadline or if an emergency arises.
- Attend traffic meetings and keep a breast of the project and retainer work running through the department.
- Assist the account and project managers with testing and information-gathering across projects, for all clients.
- Demonstrate an ability to work effectively in a team showing restraint and respect.
- Play a support role to the CSD by assisting with any adhoc requests that may arise.
- Demonstrate behaviour which is aligned to the vision, values and policies and procedures of the Agency.
- Minimum one-year of ad agency experience in a similar role
- Excellent command of both written and verbal English
- Valid driver’s licence and own transport
- A Digital Marketing or Marketing Qualification is an advantage
- Ability to self-manage.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, work in a pressurised environment and multitask
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively
- Superb interpersonal skills coupled with ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Very strong attention to detail (this is a non-negotiable.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Hard working and eager to learn attitude
- Process and system driven
- Confident with a drive to succeed.