We are looking for an experienced Community Manager to join one of our teams for a large-scale brand that we currently look after. The company is based in Johannesburg and we therefore require that the Community manager is based in Johannesburg as well.
Role and Responsibilities
- Liase with the client’s internal team as well as the Digitlab internal team
- Offer support to the Junior Community manager on your team.
- Ability and knowledge regarding content scheduling.
- Knowledge of Sproutsocial (Optional)
- Engage with online communities and respond to comments and complaints in a timely manner.
- Supervise all aspects of social media interaction between customers and the brand, and ensure a positive customer service experience.
- Monitor and report back on any possible social media crisis.
- Work closely with the designers, strategists and main copy writer to help develop creative ideas.
- Be able to keep abreast of several campaigns that may all be ongoing at once, sometimes under pressure and often to tight deadlines.
- Should you be required to create ad hoc content, which does happen, that you can ensure all copy is of the highest quality and adheres to brand guidelines.
- Attend events as and when client requires in order to tweet and create a social presence.
- Tertiary education
- Excellent command of English
- 2 years’ experience in community management
- Knowledge of the multiple Social media platforms as well as the paid media channels (predominantly Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn).
- Good customer service skills and manner
- Good attention to detail
- Superb time management skills
- Versatile and meticulous
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Should work well in a team and with a range of creatives.
- Self-motivated and highly organized
- Has some knowledge within the financial industry
- Able to work under pressure and thrive on a challenge.
The Employer is entitled to change the job description and duties of the Employee should it be required for operational reasons.